Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dukan Diet Day 6

So i've been on the 'attack' phase of the Dukan diet for 6 days, according to the Dukan Diet website i was meant to do it for 2 days but that seemed really short, so I doubled it to 4 days, but after 4 days I decided just to keep going till today and to start the next phase on Monday as it made sense to me to start the new phase on a new week!

So it's been 6 days.

How am I feeling?
In general it has been quite easy! Since i've only been able to eat meat, yoghurt and eggs it's been limited, but I find it easier to no carbs than any at all, thats why this diet has been working for me so far as I like it to be strict!

Any side effects?
On day 5 I completely crashed, was just exhausted and felt a bit spaced out. But had a good nights sleep and feel better now, think it was a combination of the diet and having a really busy week due to uni work.

Any slips ups?
The biggest problem i'm having is alcohol, as i'm at uni so drinking is a large part of our social life! But i'm trying to cut down, and I asked Katrina of Glammed Up how she deals with it and she responded...
'Fortunately for me I’m not much of a drinker, but I still got drinks offered very often. For me it’s buying a diet coke and not talking about it. People won’t notice that it’s a Diet Coke not a vodka+coke. If they don’t know, they won’t pay attention to it and you won’t get “why aren’t you drinking?” questions'

If only I still drank diet coke! But I quit drinking it as I used to be a little addicted, drinking 5 cans a day. But i'm going to try and find an alternative, wish bars stocked diet sprite but it's not quite as popular here as it is in america. So if anyone has any alternatives to diet coke let me know!

What i've eaten today
Breakfast- Yoghurt
Lunch- Smoked salmon and chicken.
Dinner- probably a Steak.

Am still trying to find oatbran, so hopefully i'll be adding that into my diet next week. There's a few places to order it online but might try Tesco's first.

Am quite excited to weigh myself tomorrow, hopefully i've lost some weight! If not I know i'll be really dissapointed but will just have to wait and see. The average loss according to the dukan website is 2-4ibs, so hopefully i'll be round the 101kg mark.

Am looking forward to being able to go back to the gym next month, as froze my membership for April as was home for easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment